Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
CW[_2_] CW[_2_] is offline

Default Nostepinne

You can get an extension bed for that lathe.

"Casper" wrote in message
I am in the process of trying to make nostepinnes. For those not
familiar with nostepinnes, they are basically a fancy stick for
winding yarn. I find it works like a charm, especially for folks with
arthritis. They are a simple and inexpensive solution for crafters.

My one issue is being able to make them long enough. I have a Jet Mini
1014 and seem limited to producing 10" nostepinnes. I'd really like
to make 12-14" versions which work better for bulkier wool.

I have seen them in 16-18" but I don't think that is possible with my
lathe. Anyone have suggestions or jigs for increasing the length?

Thanks,
`Casper