Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cleaning an electric blanket

Tim Downie wrote:
Our cat got shut in accidentally & peed on our bed, just what you don't want
to find as you prepare to go to bed. :-(

The pee managed to soak through the duvet, the sheets, the matress cover &
the electric blanket.

To be honest, I can't smell much on the blanket but I *know* it's got cat
wee in it and I'd rather it didn't. It's not a washable blanket and I'm
wondering if there are any options other than binning it.

Would sponging and drying the affected area be safe or a recipe for
disaster?

Tim

I think thats one of those things thats just not worth it. With water
washing theres always a tiny risk of arcover from trapped water - very
tiny - if its done properly, I've done it for decades and not lost
anything yet, but its not zero. You cant let go of a live blanket.
Dont bother.

NT