Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Edelenbos Ed Edelenbos is offline

Default Is there a Tool Opposite of Vice (Separator)?

"Albert" wrote in message
Is there a tool, what is it called, that works the opposite of a
vice. Something to put between two boards and apply some force
outward to help separate them. I am thinking of space distances of a
few inches to almost a foot if possible.

They aren't very good (I.e. this exact one from HF doesn't hold (in either
direction) with much pressure). I've seen the same made by other companies
which are much better (read: useable). They come in as many different
sizes as any bar clamps.

Ed