Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Electric fence "Electric Shepherd" ESB 250

I have a problem with the ESB 55 version. I believe that the thyristor
has blown. It seems to be an 82516 from ST Philips but has been
discontinued. Does anybody know of an alternative??? The two neons
have also blackened but I do not know what to replace them with. Could
you let me know what you used please. Many thanks. Jeff.

++++++

I just replaced the pair with a couple of standard mains indicator ones ,
without any dropper, just the original dropper which probably should have a
higher ohmic value. But as used outdoor, to see them flash then necessary,
then probably a matter of replacing the neons when necessary

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England