Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

Default OT - Marks on induction hob

"Bald eagle" wrote in message
Have had an induction hob for a few weeks and really pleased with it.
Tonight used a new frying pan - bought because it was compatible with
induction - and immediately the oil started smoking in two places. Moved
it off quickly but it seems to have marked the hob. The glossy glass
surface appears slightly roughened.

Manufacturers instructions for cleaning are just wipe with hot water but
this isn't shifting them. Any ideas? Thought about gently scraping with a
Stanley knife blade but don't want to make it worse.

I know this may be a bit OT but probably more knowledge on this group than
many others.

If mine, I would complain to the shop where I bought the hob, the surface
should be heat resistant.