Posted to uk.d-i-y
YAPH YAPH is offline

Default Worcester combi boiler 28CDi

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:46:42 -0800, barbara.collier wrote:

We have a Worcester 28CDi combi boiler that we had installed approx
7/8 years ago. Last year we had a new heat exchanger fitted.

Why?

We have been having rouble since Christmas. First we had no central
heating and the pressure dial was all over the place, falling and
rising, our installer came back and fitter a new pressure loop which
then seemed to work ok. We then had trouble again with the pressure
dial and leakage from the safety valve, the fitter thought the
pressure dial was not giving the correct reaing and therefore the
emergency valve blew. He came again and refitting the safety valve.

Did he not fit a new pressure gauge, if that's what he thought was dodgy?

We now have no hot water. When running the tap its warms up to hot
and then goes cold.

Sounds like the heat exchanger blocking up on the primary side. Why
did you have the heat exchanger replaced last xmas? And if it was the same
problem what was done to stop it recurring?

Whilst talking to the fitter on the phone, he
suggested topping up the pressure and running the hot water to see if
if now worked. Whilst doing this the boiler blew from the top valve
with steam.

Sounds like the automatic air vent. What did you raise the pressure to
(and how reliable was whatever you were measuring it on)?

He is suggesting that we might need a new boiler, but this seems to be
a bit drastic.

Or maybe you need a new fitter :-)

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk