Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mdauria@verizon.net is offline

Default Gas oven popping noise

We have a Maytag gas range that is about 7 years old. My wife and I
bought the house about 3 years ago. I have noticed a popping noise
coming from the oven, which I assume is not dangerous since it has
been doing it for about 3 years but I am wondering what the noise is.

We turn on the oven, it lights up and heats up the oven. While the
oven heats you can hear a slight hising noise that I assume is the
flow of gas into the oven. Eventually when the oven is heated up the
hissing stops but a second or two after there is always a popping/puff
noise that follows.

What is that noise?