Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Home made attic elevator

On Jan 6, 7:16*pm, Michael Dobony wrote:
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4248496/11422041

I need something like this for my office and storage on the 4th floor, but
needs to handle more than 200 lbs.

Mike D.

I had a friend who built a post an beam house on top of a full-story
block basement.

His living room fireplace was therefore on the "second floor". While
he was building the house, he framed out an area next to the fireplace
for an elevator to bring wood up from the "basement".

He welded a box together and added some guides to follow the framing,
using a steel cable and pulley system powered by a 115 AC winch.

For a finishing touch, he made a miniature 6 panel pine door to match
the other 6 panel pine doors used throughout the house.

It was real nice system.