Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheOldFellow TheOldFellow is offline

Default pz0, pz1, pz2, pz3 sizes

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 19:23:37 +0000
Stephen wrote:

Hello,

I have tried to search, unsuccessfully, for a table showing what size
pozi-bit you use with which screw.

I've always found that 6G and 8G screws use a PZ2 and 10G and 12G use
a PZ3. Is that right so far?

But I was given one of those kits with every bit you need and quite a
few you don't, and it has a PZ0 and a PZ1 bit. What screws are these
for? I presume one is for 4G screws but the other?

Thanks,
Stephen.

One thing to note is that cheap screws in the smaller sizes often have
very badly formed pz slots. In this case none of the bits fit well,
and you begin to suspect that they are Phillips or some other kind, but
it's just the cheap die used in manufacturing. Result: buggers bits,
and buggered screws.

R.