Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default wiring two gang two way light switch

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 12:28:06 +0000 (GMT) someone who may be "Dave
Plowman (News)" wrote this:-

The dimmer switch I have bought (which i intend to fit onto the box
which has three wires coming from it) has two L1 terimnals, two L2
terminals and two which have a symbol that looks like a wavy line with
an arrow going through it.

I've never seen one like that - what make is it? Most have three terminals
for two way switching marked Com, L1, l2.

According to the OP it is a two gang dimmer. The wavy line, which is
presumably to indicate variable light output, is undoubtedly the
same as the Com terminal.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh