Posted to uk.d-i-y
alex6192 alex6192 is offline

Default wiring two gang two way light switch

I am trying to replace two light switches for dimmers.

Both switches are two way.

One of the switches has three wires and the other has two.

Each of the wires have three inner wires (excluding the bare earth) and
they are coloured black, grey and brown. One of the main wires (the 3
wire box) has 'switched feed' written on it. All the other wires are
unmarked.

The dimmer switch I have bought (which i intend to fit onto the box
which has three wires coming from it) has two L1 terimnals, two L2
terminals and two which have a symbol that looks like a wavy line with
an arrow going through it.

So, in summary I have the following.

Box 1 (excluding earth).

3 black wires
3 grey wire
3 brown wires

Box 2 (excluding earth):

2 black wire
2 grey wires
2 brown wires

Switch 1 (for box 1)

2 L1 terminals
2 L2 terminals
2 wavy line terminals

Switch 2 (for box 2)

2 L1 terminals
2 L2 terminals
2 COM terminals

Can anyone tell me how to wire these switches?

Many thanks,
Alex

--
alex6192