Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Identity a SOT-23 transistor marked MO5 or M05

Jonathan Schneider wrote:

I'm fixing a laptop and am trying to identify a transistor which I
believe may be popped. Well I assume that's what it is. It has all
three legs connected.

It is SOT-23 and marked MO5 or could be M05 (letter Oh or digit zero).

There are a couple of others onboard and I believe it's part of the
power supply.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Jon

They generally use code numbers, not part of the actual number. There
are a couple databses on line like this one to help identify SMD semis.

http://www.marsport.org.uk/smd/mainframe.htm

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.