Posted to sci.electronics.repair
UHF UHF is offline

Default diagnosing an ailing Li-Ion battery pack

try all-battery.com
They should have what you need. I can't vouch for the quality of
their Li-ION cells, but I've had good luck with some NiMH packs I've
bought from them.

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 19:20:41 GMT, Dan Lenski
wrote:

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 04:40:51 -0800, William Sommerwerck wrote:

The appropriate "insight" is that third-party Li-ion batteries often
aren't very good.

The one I bought for my Yaesu transceiver -- from a legit, honest
battery dealer -- died pretty quickly. The Li-ion battery for my Olympus
E-500 -- from a well-known third-party manufacturer -- does not the
capacity or charge retention of Olympus's battery.

This is unfortunate, because the manufacturer's batteries seem to be
overpriced.

Yeah, it is unfortunate...

Do you know of any third-party Li-Ion batteries that *are* good? It
seems that part of the problem with most of them may be that they don't
use very fresh cells.

Dan