Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet Leonard Caillouet is offline

Default Sony KP-43HT20 - I do not believe my convergence ICs are at fault.

wrote in message
I've found a bunch of posts on here, and via Google, regarding this TV
and convergence problems. Most suggest that replacing the two STK392-
xxx ICs (110, 150, 180, 560 - mine are 560) and some fuses as the
solution.

That makes sense - the explanation is that the ICs go bad and take out
the fuses, resulting in no convergence. Fine. I can stomach that. But
my convergence is FINE when I turn the TV on, and flakes out shortly
after it heats up. Am I wrong in thinking that BLOWN ICs (and fuses!)
would cause a problem that would be consistently present from the
moment of power-on?

I'm not 100% sure of what happens to boards when CRT coolant gets on
them - but I do know that, at some point in this set's history, there
has been a leak. It appears that some got onto the board near the
leftmost (looking at it from the front of the set) convergence IC.

What am I looking for?

You are either looking for a bad connection or you have a bad IC. Very
rarely you could have a problem in the convergence generator.

There is much information about these problems and repairing them in the
first ten posts he

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...html#post43725

Leonard