Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mr. Mentor Mr. Mentor is offline

Default schematics modern walkie talkies ????

Greetings Marc & others..

Regarding:
| Thanks but what I'm actually looking for are schematics etc.
for self-made
| (home-made) transceivers. Yes, indeed, I can use the industrial
ones.
| Thanks.

Consider doing some investigating of "FCC Type Acceptance" first
relative to the above...

Here's a clue, you won't find a "kit" for such *complete*
11-meter hand-held transceivers. This has and continues to be one
of the many problems on the 11-meter band. It was never intended
to be used in this manner. Furthermore, your considering a band
and a *mode* of operation that is quite noisy depending on
atmospheric conditions and where we are in our 11-year sun cycle.
Noisy from the perspective of all the other stations transmitting
on top of each other - heterodynes. Since the service is
'channelized' this is (unfortunately) typical.

A better consideration for portable (licensed & non-licensed)
service is GMRS/FRS radios. Consider,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General..._Radio_Service
http://radio.about.com/od/familyradi...ilyservice.htm
http://www.popularwireless.com/pra/PRA_CERTetal.html
http://www.hallikainen.com/FccRules/2006/95/1/

Nearly any of your local electronics stores, including many
department retail stores will carry FRS radios. Relative to all
the effort, expense and time put into the 11-meter and AM mode,
at least consider UHF and narrow band FM (NBFM) as a better all
around alternative. The GMRS radios have the ability to operate
through NBFM repeaters [typically] increasing your range
significantly.

Consider the alternatives..

Cheers,
Mr. Mentor

"Marc" wrote in message
| Thanks but what I'm actually looking for are schematics etc.
for self-made
| (home-made) transceivers. Yes, indeed, I can use the industrial
ones.
| Thanks.
|
| "Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
| On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 19:04:56 +0100, "Marc"
put
| finger to keyboard and composed:
|
| Hi all,
| I'm looking for schematics and PCB layouts of modern CB
walkie talkies. I
| assume that modern transceivers are made with ICs instead of
discrete
| components.
| Does anyone know a place (website?) where I can get such
schematics?

| Thanks,
| Marc
|
| You can get circuit diagrams, service manuals,
internal/external
| photos for various devices from the FCC web site:
| https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...ericSearch.cfm
|
| You can also get technical information from Radioshack's
support site:
| http://support.radioshack.com/productinfo/
|
| For example, these are the available documents in the Radio
| Communications - CB Radios - Citizens Band Walkie-Talkies
category:

http://support.radioshack.com/produc...s&ID=004002003

| Notice that the catalogue numbers all begin with "21-". This
is
| Radioshacks's old numbering system. New numbers have a
3-digit prefix,

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout =500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=94652&fcc_id ='AAO2101614'

http://support.radioshack.com/produc...alkies&Reuse=N

| Radioshack have lodged hundreds, if not thousands of
documents with
| the FCC. I have downloaded dozens of circuits for remote
controlled