Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Joe McElvenney Joe McElvenney is offline

Default SMPS: I'm Topologically Challenged

Hi,

To those who replied to my 'cri de coeur' - many thanks.

Franc - for the pointers to the book and the TV schematic which
appears to use a complementary pair to simulate a unijunction
transistor and so should be of great help.

"Diverse Devices" - for a very informative web site and the public
library suggestion.

Dave - for your comments on the main electrolytics.

All have been taken on board and will be made use of. I am currently
awaiting a couple of spare TIPL755A transistors from the States and
expect to be on the job in the New Year.

Happy Christmas - Joe