Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet Leonard Caillouet is offline

Default Toshiba 42H81 Blows Fuse at Random

"Chris F." wrote in message
This 2001 model projection set has a tough problem to track down, so I'm
hoping someone can give me some advice. Fuse F850 (5A), in the power
supply, will blow at random intervals - sometimes when trying to power up,
or the set might run fine for hours, days, or even weeks. Just thought I'd
check for any known issues with this set, before attempting what could be
a long and frustrating job.

What circuits does this supply line service? Monitor each circuit to see
how much each is drawing. Fuse each circuit supplied by this fuse
individually if the excessive current is intermittent. When that circuit
blows its fuse you know where the problem is.

Leonard