Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_2_] John R. Carroll[_2_] is offline

Default $73 an Hour

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 12:49:16 -0500, wrote:
snip
The banks, Accounting firms, stock traders, automotive management, and
UAW share quite evenly the blame for the collapse of the north
american auto industry (and north american manufacturing on the
whole).

And GM has been standing with one foot in the grave and the other on a
bannana peal since about 1973.

snip
------------------
I hope the major states involved such as Michigan have made
contingency plans to process the huge spike in unemployment
claims and other requests for social services that is sure to
result.

Michigan and the rest are certainly going to have a lot of claims to process
regardless.
GM and Chrysler will be getting bridge financing next week George.
That will make you and I their largest single creditor I think.
Then, after Jan 20th, we'll force BK while simultaneously providing an
arranged for credit facility.
GM will have to produce a bussiness plan that the court can approve and they
are working on it even as I type this.
Chrysler will just be sold.

JC