Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter Hucker Peter Hucker is offline

Default Screw in flourescent light bulbs.

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 20:36:28 -0000, Meat Plow wrote:

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 16:39:33 -0000, "ian field"
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
news:U8KdnfbMLoBNYd_UnZ2dnUVZ_trinZ2d@earthlink. com...

Peter Hucker wrote:

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 23:56:05 -0000, Michael A. Terrell
wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 20:24:05 -0000, Michael A. Terrell
wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 20:16:06 -0000, Michael A. Terrell
wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:

I don't get how you manage to overheat something with a quarter
of the heat input, no.

You really are dense, aren't you? The CFL isn't rated to
operate
anywhere near the temperature an incandescent lamp produces. It
isn't
glass metal & high temperature cement. Some parts aren't even
rated to
stand boiling water. Some fixtures hold in more heat than
others. They
are designed to handle the extra heat. Put a wimpy CFL inside
that
fixture and it will die a quick death. Sometimes with a free
lightshow
& fireworks.

I've got a CFL (100watt equivalent) in a completely enclosed glass
fitting in the bathroom. It has lasted just fine.

I don't think I'd want a fitting that could hold the heat enough to
make a CFL get to 100C. That would mean an incandescent would get
a lot hotter than that! What of the surrounding stuff, like the
ceiling?

You really are dense, aren't you? The fixtures ARE DESIGNED FOR
THE
HIGHER OPERATING TEMPERATURE.

Yes, and so was Chernobyl. I prefer not to have things that hot
inside my house.

Well, we don't have to worry about any of your bright ideas setting
the world on fire. For someone who claims to have a honors degree in
Physuics, you don't know anything. Do you ever cook anything, or do
you
live on birdseed?

An oven is not mounted on the ceiling. An oven does not have plastic
parts (in the actual light socket) that can become brittle with age and
heat.

You said: " I prefer not to have things that hot inside my house.",
so you are either quite ignorant, or just another liar.

PHucker frequently get confused about something he or someone else has said,
then gets in an argument with anyone who corrects him.

It's to garner attention/troll. I've seen Peter post on the upwards of
400 times a day. I don't know him but one could assume that someone
with that much time to spend on a PC could be severely disabled and
only be able to communicate over the internet with a diverse group of
people.

I doubt it's anywhere near 400. For your information I spend about 1 hour on usenet a day.

P.S. Ian's address is "gangprobing" - and you call ME a troll?

Tower: "Eastern 702, cleared for takeoff, contact Departure on frequency 124.7"
Eastern 702: "Tower, Eastern 702 switching to Departure. By the way, after we lifted off we saw some kind of dead animal on the far end of the runway."
Tower: "Continental 635, cleared for takeoff behind Eastern 702, contact Departure on frequency 124.7. Did you copy that report from Eastern 702?"
Continental 635: "Continental 635, cleared for takeoff, roger; and yes, we copied Eastern... we've already notified our caterers."