Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Trying to volume pot replacement for JVC Rx-6000 receiver

Andrew wrote in message
Hello,
I have a JVC RX-6000 which works well except for the volume control,
which behaves pretty oddly. If I turn the volume down slowly,
everything works fine. If I turn the volume down quickly, the volume
often ends up higher than it was. I assume the pot has some problems,
though I cannot imagine what would make it behave like this. So I
have the unit open, and there are no identifying marks on the pot.
Its square, top mounted with a metal bushing 3/8" long. The pot stem
stick out another 3/8" past the bushing. I think its 10k, but I can't
be sure until I pull it out. I have looked all over for this pot,
and I can't find anything. Does anyone know how I can identify the
pot, and where I can find a replacement?

thanks,

How to renovate worn pots, on my tips files, off URL below.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England