Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Default Hitachi model 50V500 Pink picture

Meat Plow wrote:

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 15:24:56 -0600, msg wrote:

Meat Plow wrote:

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 11:19:34 -0800 (PST), rote:

I have researched info on this probem, and found a fix, but I don't
understand how it is done. Here is what the tech wrote - "Record 12C
Buss settings, then "memory initi" and put back in the recorded data".

snip

Appears that you record the 12C settings on paper, do a memory
initialize resetting everything then put back the 12C settings. I
would assume this could be done via a serviceman's menu mode.

snip

Do you all mean I2C?

Michael

No I mean 12C which is what the OP posted. Maybe it is I2C but I
wouldn't know the details unless I had hands on with the Hitachi sets
that use this method.

hands raised in universal gesture of peace I had hoped that the OP
would have replied, since I quoted him first and said 'you all' and not
the "y'all" of southern U.S. dialect which may imply the singular
personal. Just wondering if there was yet another proprietary bus (buss)
out there to confound testing.

Michael