Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter Hucker Peter Hucker is offline

Default Screw in flourescent light bulbs.

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 00:05:34 -0000, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 20:33:19 -0000, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 20:07:54 -0000, GregS wrote:

In article , "Peter Hucker" wrote:

They use so little power though. Anyway the main source of heat in any
lighting is from the light source itself, not the wires supplying it. I've
never felt any LEDs getting warmer than body temperature.

I got an LED array that uses 45 watts. See if you can hold that.

What size is it? If it's too hot to hold I doubt the LEDs will last long.

You really are dense, aren't you? Some LED arrays are built on an
aluminum heatsink.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us%3AIE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7GGLD&q=high+power+LED+array+alumi num

If it's too hot for me to hold, the LEDs will also be too hot. If the heatsink is working, then it won't be too hot for my hand or the LEDs.

Sure its ok. What's that smell? Someone is cooking bacon!

Are you telling me you'd be happy to design an LED light where the LEDs were hot enough to burn skin? They wouldn't like that temperature.

In a transatlantic flight, a plane passes through a severe storm. The turbulence is awful, and things go from bad to worse when one wing is struck by lightning. One woman in particular loses it. Screaming, she stands up in the front of the plane. "I'm too young to die!" she wails. Then she yells, "Well, if I'm going to die, I want my last minutes on Earth to be memorable! I've had plenty of sex in my life, but no one has ever made me really feel like a woman! Well, I've had it! Is there ANYONE on this plane who can make me feel like a WOMAN??" For a moment there is silence. Everyone has forgotten their own peril, and they all stare, riveted, at the desperate woman in the front of the plane. Then,
a man stands up in the rear of the plane. "I can make you feel like a woman," he says. He's gorgeous. Tall, built, with long, flowing black hair and jet black eyes, he starts to walk slowly up the aisle, unbuttoning his shirt one button at a time. No one moves. The woman is breathing heavily in anticipation as the stranger approaches. He removes his shirt. Muscles ripple across his chest as he reaches her. He extends the arm holding his shirt to the trembling
woman, and whispers: "Iron this."