Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

Default LCD repair

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:53:45 +0000 Clint Sharp
wrote in Message id:
:

In message , JW
writes
Yup. The rows and columns are driven by chips that are bonded to a
flexible PCB that connects to the LCD itself. The chips cannot be
replaced.

The chips can be and are replaced as a module including the flexible
PCB, there are companies out there who will do this. As to the economics
of replacing them on a TV or monitor...

The panels I've looked at lately all have chips bonded to the LCD
substrate. The are not packaged but are raw die located along the vertical
and horizontal edges. Only the original manufacturer of the panel might be
able to replace them, but I'm not even sure they could.