Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Screw in flourescent light bulbs.

Peter Hucker wrote:

I don't get how you manage to overheat something with a quarter of the heat input, no.

You really are dense, aren't you? The CFL isn't rated to operate
anywhere near the temperature an incandescent lamp produces. It isn't
glass metal & high temperature cement. Some parts aren't even rated to
stand boiling water. Some fixtures hold in more heat than others. They
are designed to handle the extra heat. Put a wimpy CFL inside that
fixture and it will die a quick death. Sometimes with a free lightshow
& fireworks.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.