Posted to alt.home.repair
gecko gecko is offline

Default Trouble with TORO Snow Blower

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 05:15:17 -0800 (PST), ransley
wrote:

86 so its had alot of use,

Yeh - my brother in upstate NY used it every winter. He moved to
Maine and ought a big John Deere and so no longer need this little
baby. He gave it to me three years ago, and although we here had
little snow since then (in Delaware), I did start and run it
successfully each year with no trouble.

maybe you flooded it with either, pull the
plug and see if its wet also recheck the spark condition a weak yellow
or red spark probably does not have the power to light fuel.

The spark plug is new and it gives off a blue arc.

I had a 4
cil car that started and idled but miss fired on acceleration, it was
one bad plug wire that didnt give voltage under load enough to light
gas. The Toro is starting rich with medium high load and needs a good
spark. 23 yrs old alot of ignition components are weaker. If
Compression is to low it will have a hard time lighting gas. Check
spark strength and color and dont spray as much either, if still
nothing its time to check it out completely. Even removing the 23yr
old plug wire could have broken it, even a new plug can be bad as
people drop them in the store, ive had a few bad new and I dropped one
in the store searching for the right plug.

I may have used too much ether I guess. I thought it would at least
ignite.

Thanks
-GECKO