Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.tv.broadcasting,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,rec.video.cable-tv
Ron Ron is offline

Default Need help - no signal from TV antenna in the attic

On Dec 8, 7:56*am, RickMerrill wrote:
mm wrote:
On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 16:45:46 -0500, RickMerrill
wrote:

Ron wrote:
On Dec 4, 3:31 pm, RickMerrill wrote:
wrote:
Hi,
I just moved in to the new house. There is a 4-way coax splitter in
the attic, which has one input and four outputs (to different rooms).
Every 4-way I have seen has actually been an amplifier
Now you've seen one that isn't

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...e/IM002459.jpg
Ok. But you have to admit that putting that on an antenna signal will
send the db down the tubes.

You're absolutely right but I wouldn't call that an admission. I'd
call it an answer to the OP's problem.

As another poster said first, a 4-way unamplified splitter just will not
work with antenna, althought it will work with cable. This leads to a
solution for the OP: get an amplified splitter OR connect just 1 tv,
which I think they did.

Not with MY cable. That POS is what was in my current home when I
bought it and it was like watching TV in a blizzard.