Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default TV (direct) channel color variation

On Dec 8, 9:44*am, "Larry B" wrote:
I recently purchased a 27" Sony KV-27FS120 and most of the time,

the picture
is great. Sometimes there is quite a bit of color intensity

variation from
one channel to the next.

1. Is this something a TV should automatically correct for? *if so,

what is
that function called?

2. Is there an adjustment or setting that can engage or enhance

this
corrective funtion?

I am not a tech but I am also not adverse to making internal

adjustments
that don't require the exactness of a scope.

Thanks.

Auto Chroma Control ACC. It looks at the amplitude of color burst and
adjusts it to nominal. If the burst / chroma is getting messed up
somewhere, the ACC will 'fix' it but it won't be correct. Are you
comparing off air TV stations or a cable feed? I'd expect less
variation between TV stations than cable.