Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Television Tube going out?

wrote:
We just recently moved and had the moving company store our small
color tv set. Now, when we plug it in to satellite tv there is a line
originating from the bottom of the screen and that horizontial line
scrolls all the way up the screen - this repeats over and over.
Somewhere in the dark reaches of my brain I seem to recall that this
could indicate a "tube" going out or having gone out? Suggestions?
Could it be the satellite install? I doubt that, but want other's
opinion.

Thanks in advance,

Lana

You have some electrical noise being generated some where around you.
like a bad insulator on the line, bad grounding on the shielding
etc..

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"