Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Marc[_8_] Marc[_8_] is offline

Default schematics modern walkie talkies ????

Thanks but what I'm actually looking for are schematics etc. for self-made
(home-made) transceivers. Yes, indeed, I can use the industrial ones.
Thanks.

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 19:04:56 +0100, "Marc" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi all,
I'm looking for schematics and PCB layouts of modern CB walkie talkies. I
assume that modern transceivers are made with ICs instead of discrete
components.
Does anyone know a place (website?) where I can get such schematics?

Thanks,
Marc

You can get circuit diagrams, service manuals, internal/external
photos for various devices from the FCC web site:
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...ericSearch.cfm

You can also get technical information from Radioshack's support site:
http://support.radioshack.com/productinfo/

For example, these are the available documents in the Radio
Communications - CB Radios - Citizens Band Walkie-Talkies category:
http://support.radioshack.com/produc...s&ID=004002003

Notice that the catalogue numbers all begin with "21-". This is
Radioshacks's old numbering system. New numbers have a 3-digit prefix,
in this case "210-".

Now go to the FCC web site and plug in "Radioshack" in the "Applicant
Name" box and "210" in the "Product Code" box.

You will get 38 hits.

Here is one of them:
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout =500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=94652&fcc_id ='AAO2101614'

Amongst the results is a list of documents including manual, circuit
diagram, block diagram, photos, and technical description.

This is a list of Radioshack's tech docs on their own support site:
http://support.radioshack.com/produc...alkies&Reuse=N

Radioshack have lodged hundreds, if not thousands of documents with
the FCC. I have downloaded dozens of circuits for remote controlled
vehicles, for example.

- Franc Zabkar