Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.tv.broadcasting,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,rec.video.cable-tv
Ron Ron is offline

Default Need help - no signal from TV antenna in the attic

On Dec 4, 4:45*pm, RickMerrill wrote:
Ron wrote:
On Dec 4, 3:31 pm, RickMerrill wrote:
wrote:
Hi,
I just moved in to the new house. There is a 4-way coax splitter in
the attic, which has one input and four outputs (to different rooms).
Every 4-way I have seen has actually been an amplifier

Now you've seen one that isn't

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...e/IM002459.jpg

Ok. But you have to admit that putting that on an antenna signal will
send the db down the tubes.

No doubt. Won't work with cable either, at least not with my cable.
The former owner of my home was using that POS in the attic to split
the signal, and the picture on each TV was horrible. The cable company
installed a 6 way splitter/amp and that resolved the problem.