Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe Andy Cuffe is offline

Default Charging a laptop battery without the laptop?

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 15:09:36 +0000, Adrian C
wrote:

Adrian C wrote:

With what you have, and a meter - I'd start making continuity tests.

BTW Replacement jack socket in ebay (UK) #190269916134 Less than £5!

This may not apply to this model, but I've seen a lot of older Dell
laptops with cracked solder connections on a surface mount inductor
near the power jack. It's close enough to the power jack to receive
stress from flexing. The connections usually don't look that bad
under casual inspection. I would re-solder everything near the power
jack.
Andy Cuffe