Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Default Charging a laptop battery without the laptop?

msg wrote:

wrote:

snip

To get to the point I could easily keep the PC running if I could
charge the battery without it being in the laptop. Anyone know what my
chances are? The battery has eight pins. I presume it has some
circuitry inside which means it's not as easy as guessing the right
two pins and putting a current across them.

Regarding suggestions regarding a broken DC Power jack; I had made an
unfounded assumption in your original post that you had eliminated
any mechanical damage from your assessment; if the power jack proves
not to be at fault, please report that here and I will provide links
to the materials I described in my previous post.

Michael