Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Samuel M. Goldwasser Samuel M. Goldwasser is offline

Default Screw in flourescent light bulbs.

"ian field" writes:

wrote in message
I only two of them in my house.One in my kitchen and the other one in my
bathroom, I never turn them off.Just now I was in my kitchen getting me
a ''cold one''.That flourscent light bulb blipped a couple of times.What
does that suppose to mean?
cuhulin

Maybe a "brown-out" on the power line?

The one I leave on 24/7 usually conspires to fail when I'm out. Common
failure modes are the tube or the mains in reservoir electrolytic, typically
they start flickering or just go "phutt".

If the lamp is secure in the socker and no serious brownouts, suspect
bad solder conncetions on its PCB. Eventually, it will just go out
completely. 50:50 it will blow one or both transistors, else resoldering
will probably fix it.

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/