Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steven Campbell[_3_] Steven Campbell[_3_] is offline

Default Car external temperature sensor location?

"Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote in message
I have a peugeot partner escapade. It doesn't have an external temp
thermometer and I'm thinking to install one.
Where do they usually position the sensor bulb on the car, to measure air
temperature it has to be positioned so that it is shielded from direct
sunlight, have exposure to clean air so to speak, and not be exposed to
engine heat. Any tips or ideas?

My old Renaut had it under the drivers wing mirror. It actually looked like
the paint had run and collected there in a big drip. In fact the kids tried
to pick it off one day when they were washing the car!!!