Posted to uk.d-i-y
Calvin Calvin is offline

Default Low voltage wire/cable suspended lighting

wrote:

Calvin wrote:

re halogen lights suspended on cables

and they're really great. For some reason that I don't really
understand most wire light kits come with a proper magnetic
transformer. Personally I'd prefer to use a much smaller switched

That raises another point: suspended lights may be on long wire runs,
and that is a problem for some electronic transformers, the heavy iron
ones will always work on long runs.

NT

Really, why's that then? It can't be capacitance as the wires,
although parallel, are not close together.
In practice the wire run for wire lights is typically only about 5m or
so which might sound long but isn't really compared to normal cable
runs.