Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default cleaning blackened stainless steel

devonsteve wrote:
Hi Can anyone tell me how to clean blackened stainless steel pans ,
the pan is clean but the steel has gone black in areas , inside and
out. (presume her indoors let it boil dry!) Is it possible to make it
shine again ?
Thanks for
reading Steve

Many, many years ago, I left a pan on a very low gas burner. IIRC I
found it on return from work (i.e. something like 24hrs after turning it
on). It contained a piece of porous charcoal. Which was quite impressive
as it had started out full of soup.

Anyway, all I did was clean it with normal things (maybe Cif or similar
and washing up liquid) - and use it. A decade later it was still in use
and quite decent looking.

--
Rod

onset.