Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Bosch washing machine burned out capacitor and transformer...

On Nov 10, 1:42*pm, wrote:
My Bosch Washing machine isn’t working very well – it won’t move to
the rinse part of any program.

Taking it apart, it looks like it has burned out a 470uF Capacitor
(400v) and maybe a small transformer (Marked “KA 19/04” and 063.783 )

The capacitor seems to have stained the circuit board and the
transformer seems to be covered in soot

Which would explain the burning smell :-)

Now, I think this transformer is the low powered supply to power the
brain (and the LCD) which is still working (!!)

Am I right about what this transformer is doing?
* *Does it sound like it needs replacing?
* *If I replaced it, might it fix the problem?
Might I just need to change the capacitor?

If I need to replace the transformer, can someone help me identify a
replacement as google seems to struggle with it.

Its about 15mm by 10mm and stands about 12mm off the board.
It seems to have 2 contacts on one side and a center tap on the other
– though this is not actually connected to anything.

Thanks

I applaud your trying to fix this yourself, but a visit to the nearest
store that sell the machines and maybe has a repair serivce might be
worthwhile. I personally will not buy any machine that has an
electronic control, only machines that use a mechanical timer that
rotates and makes and breaks contacts as it rotates. I know the
electronic timers (should) work a lot longer, but they are almost
impossible to fix if they do go kaput, and hence my aversion to them.

Bob Hofmann