Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Base for lamp-post

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:56:20 +0000 someone who may be Dan Smithers
wrote this:-

I have just bought a lamp-post for my front garden to replace a small
pedestal that had been knocked over too many times.
I am planning to make a base for it to stand on using threaded rod and
angles buried in concrete.

1. how deep does it need to be?

2. Should I use stainless steel, or will mild be good enough for this
purpose?

3. How do I work out how much concrete to mix? considering that bags of
cement and ballast are sold by weight and holes in the ground are
measured by volume?

Not enough information.

How tall is this lamp post? What is it made of? What is attached to
what will be the top?

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh