Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

Default Converting normal door to be a sliding door?

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Tim S wrote:

I agree that stock sliding doors don't always look the best. There is a
variant though, called a "pocket door" and various companies do special
frames that integrate into a drywall - but can cost a small bomb.

The eclisse link I posted is for pocket doors, £269 or £275 for
metric/imperial sizes, no doubt the ones with glass or curved or
telescopic doors *do* cost a bomb.

I was pondering http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/P...or_Frame_Kit/#

actually before I saw the cheaper Screwfix variant.

Hiding the door in the room isn't a problem - bit of plasterboard etc but I
can't hide the door in the wall as it's a supporting wall and probably best
I don't replace the brickwork with a door pocket

I'm just trying to visualise how crap it would look as you come up the stairs
- I suspect it might look wierd with the door seemingly (well, actually)
floating "behind" the frame instead of in it.

For 25 quid I'm tempted to get one and have a play tbh

Darren