Rick

Default SEMI O.T. .. looking for chainsaw recommendations .. .. ..

We sell both saws, and for my money, its hard to beat a Stihl.

I went to their factory in Virginia Beach, and I was never so impressed with
a manufacturing facility.

Anyway, I'd look long and hard at an MS360 ($500) if you do LOTS of wood
cutting. The specs can be seen at www.stihlusa.com Keep in mind that the
MS260($400) and MS360 are being replaced in the near future. I'm not sure
when yet.

If you are only an occasional cutter, I'd look at the MS270($300), or
MS280($350) depending on your budget.

Or if you use it seldom or for lighter duties, the MS250 is a great
maintenance saw.

One thing to keep in mind if you are leaning toward Husqvarna. The 55
Rancher is going to be discontinued this fall. I never like buying anything
that I know is going to be discontinued soon.

The Husqvarna specs can be viewed at www.husqvarna.com

Just as big a consideration as choosing the proper saw, is finding a dealer
who can service your saw will offer the assistance that you need.

Good luck. Whatever you decide, Stihl or Husqvarna, know that both products
are the best in their field.

Rick

"___ Bob ___" wrote in message
My trusty old Stilh 031 is about dead and parts are getting hard to
find, so I'm looking for a new saw .. .. ..
Narrowed it down to another Stihl or possibly a HUSQVARNA .. .. ..
anyone have recommendations PRO/CON for either brand ?? ?? ?? Haven't
yet settled into a specific model number in a Stilh, but am looking at
the #359 and the #55 .. .. ..

thanx in advance !!

--
I AM NOT PARANOID .. .. .. but EVERYONE thinks I am !! !! !!

__ Bob __