Wilson Lamb

Default SEMI O.T. .. looking for chainsaw recommendations .. .. ..

I bought the Stihl MS260C. Stihl just seems a bit more solid than Husky,
maybe less plastic. I know lots of Husky owners and their saws are fine,
but I see many more Stihls in the hands of tree people.

What Husky has going for it is the compression release, but I still went
Stihl. I got the saw and case for $300.

The 55 is quite a bit heavier, I think, which I don't need.
I got the 16" bar, for convenience and to keep from loading the engine
unnecessarily. I do a rance of stuff from firewood to dragging in a few
good sized logs. So far, I'm very pleased. The 260C is light enough to use
for long periods and powerful enough to cut big logs, although I do have to
ease off on the feed in big stuff. Overall, it's a good compromise.

I also have a cheap Timberbear I got at Harbor Freight. It's too heavy to
use long, but has 3.7 CI and a 20 " bar. It does fine on the occasional big
mama or stump.

Wilson
"___ Bob ___" wrote in message
My trusty old Stilh 031 is about dead and parts are getting hard to
find, so I'm looking for a new saw .. .. ..
Narrowed it down to another Stihl or possibly a HUSQVARNA .. .. ..
anyone have recommendations PRO/CON for either brand ?? ?? ?? Haven't
yet settled into a specific model number in a Stilh, but am looking at
the #359 and the #55 .. .. ..

thanx in advance !!

--
I AM NOT PARANOID .. .. .. but EVERYONE thinks I am !! !! !!

__ Bob __