Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Erickson Andrew Erickson is offline

Default spinning wheel plans

In article , "walnutlvr"
wrote:

I am looking for a set of plans for a double peddle spinning wheel.
I have pretty much exhausted the search thing and found a couple but the
pics are very bad so it's hard to tell the true look of the finished
product.
I am hoping someone here knows of some.

It's only a single pedal wheel, but the 1929 Popular Mechnics Shop Notes
has a pretty comprehensive plan for a colonial-style spinning wheel on
pages 25-32. The book is available in reprint from Lee Valley. It
seems to me it wouldn't be altogether impossible to come up with a
redesign of a single pedal wheel to have two pedals; I don't begin to
know enough about spinning to know if double pedal also generally
implies additional changes, though.

To be honest, I'm not completely sold on the styling of this design; it
looks rather too heavy and highly styled for my tastes--a little too
much turning and not enough general proportion, I guess.

--
Andrew Erickson

lose." -- Jim Elliot