Posted to uk.d-i-y
PM PM is offline

Default Wiring diagram for fully pumped Honeywell S plan

Keefiedee wrote:
On Oct 14, 2:14 pm, "PM" wrote:
Keefiedee wrote:
On Oct 13, 7:11 am, Keefiedee wrote:

I think I've got it. The pumps don't go between the thermostats and
the motorised valves, but are fed from the thermostats rather than
fed from the switches in the motorised valves.

Will someone please confirm?

Keith

Why do you want two pumps?

You have two valves which are opened /closed by the room stat and
tank stat. If either valve is open, the boiler fires and the pump
runs.

Because the HW and CH have separate pipework coming out of the boiler,
and the HW was only heated by gravity before I fitted the pump. I
know a pump isn't absolutely necessary, but I wanted a more efficient
system.

That makes sense then!