Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Tom Dougall Tom Dougall is offline

Default Belt for Myford Mystro

Thanks for the advice, I live only a few miles from the Myford factory, so
I popped down and bought a new poly-v belt. The gentleman in the spares
dept. explained in detail how to change the belt, and even gave me the 1/4
inch B.S.F stud needed to remove the spindle collar. Now for the hassle of
changing it.

Tom.
"Tom Dougall" wrote in message
Hi gang,

I own a Myford Mystro lathe, replacing the belt is a big hassle. the
bearing has to be taken out and the pulley and spindle have to moved
before you can replace the belt. The belt is a poly-v belt ( flat belt
with lots of little V-Grooves on the underside) about a half inch wide.

Can anyone tell me if this belt can be replaced with a link belt? Would
save a lot of bother if it can. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tom