Posted to sci.electronics.repair
No Name

Default MITSUBISHI VS-45VA1 - Rear_Projection TV

Leonard -- You're The Man !!!!

I pulled the PIP, inserted the 2ea. 4.7uf@50v caps into the VF (GE) female
connector openings, cupped my marbles, closed my eyes, plugged in the
power cord, and Voila! A BRAND NEW TV !!!!

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message
wrote in message
m...
Leonard, Thanks. You are dead on... "Search for info on the PIP bypass

for
this set. You have leaky caps on the PIP module".-- the caps WERE
leaking.
I used 91% isopropyl alcohol and a firm new 1" paint brush and cleaned

off
of the entire PIP (930B552). Then, I put the PIP on my car dashboard in
the
warm Sun for 2 hours before continuing. I made JPS's of every step I've
taken and am willing to send the pre-snot and post snot pics, and or all
other boards to anyone who requests analyzing them.

On the PIP, under the shield, I adjusted LO7102 & LO7101 (blk)

clockwise
where they stopped. I also flirted with VR7002 & VR7001 (blu) and

acquired
some improvement, but not much. Each time, I unplugged 110v, took the

PIP
board out, adjusted, reseated, replugged 100v., and re-powered on to

view.
Could I flirt with adjusting them while live?

What about rotational adjustments on the main board? Any advise?

Leonard, Here a current list of specs I've been able to match up:

brand ---------------------- Mitsubishi
model ---------------------- VS-45VA1
base manual ---------------- VS-45VA2
chassis---------------------- VZ1
year------------------------- 1992
service adjust code-option--- 008
service adjust code-video pip 007
convergence adjust code ---- 009
Line = 83MI
Item (OEM) Description
========== ==============
935D162002 Side PCC
935D157001 Display
935D156001 Control Board
935D155001 PreAmp
935D154001 Front Board
935D153001 FS
935D152002 Terminal Board
935C442002 PCC
935C441002 Signal Board
935C440001 CRT Assy.
935C439001 Power Sub
935C438002 Convergence Board
935C437002 Main Board
930B552001 PIP

I do not understand these terminologies or the implications "service
adjust
code option 008", "service adjust code video pip 007" , "convergence
adjust
code 009", and "Line = 83MI". I've spent the day scouring the net for

part
affiliation, and am looking for more insight.

Meat Plow, you say "You could always shotgun it by replacing the entire
video processing circuitry if you can determine where it is and find a
refurbed sub." Thanks Meat Plow, It's sounds like something I might
ultimately consider, but I'm not sure what "shotgun" and refurb "sub"
means
(power sub?) .

Thanks Franc. What is "AGC"? Automatic gain control ??? if it is what do

look for ? Is it replaceable, or is it possible to bypass also? Or

should
rule it out until the PIP issue is resolved?

Leonard, I may very well attempt a PIP bypass (if not replacemet). I

found
web documentation for a potential bypass at the main board PIP blue
connector "GE", pinout 5(+) to 11, and 7(+) to 9, 2 - 4.7 @ 50 volts.

HELP
on this!!! What does " 2 - 4.7" mean??? ... The pic is located at
http://members.aol.com/philselectron...ages/pipby.jpg

Thanks for your guidance,
Ken

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message
Search for info on the PIP bypass for this set. You have leaky caps on

the
PIP module.

Leonard

Just bypass the PIP module. Two caps and you are done.

Leonard