Posted to rec.woodworking
Dr. Deb Dr. Deb is offline

Default Cafe doors:

sal wrote:

Hi woodies a question about making doors . The wife wants to install
saloon
type swinging doors I went on line and found they are about 140.00$ 30x44
inches seems a bit high . I was wondering if a fellow could make them ,or
if
it would be more effort than worth?

Sal

All the points made were good, but one was overlooked. How much would it be
worth to "you" to be able to say, "I made those?" The actual constuction
would not be too difficult. Norm made a jig for cutting the slat mortises
on a louvered door that should be easy enough to find. After you build the
jig, it should be a piece of cake.

Deb