Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich256 Rich256 is offline

Default Lawn mower Dies after a few minutes?

On Oct 6, 8:24*am, lbbss wrote:
Gas *lawnmower. * *I tried starting it today again it was difficult..
When I prime it I can smell the gas, I even see some in the air
filter. *But after pulling the rope many times to try to start it, I
would expect to see a wet spark plug, but mine is always dry. * *Last
time when I unscrewed the bottom of the carb pan, there was gas is the
small metal pan. * *Maybe the problem is past that area? * Thanks.

Its fuel or electrical, 2 minutes indicates when the carb is empty it
dies so a fuel passage or float, does it start whan you force gas in
by priming, then its fuel related. if more then a few minutes it could
be the ignition module, see if you get spark after it dies, probably
need a carb rebuild- Hide quoted text -

As someone asked earlier, diid you check the flywheel pin? it may be
sheared just a tiny bit.