Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Can I add a second electric stove for the basement kitchen?

On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 16:20:33 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Sun 05 Oct 2008 03:25:39p, mm told us...

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 08:35:08 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

Assuming you don't have natural gas, install a propane setup for one or
both kitchens. I'd much rather cook on gas. I ditched the electric
range in my house 20+ years ago and switched to propane. Recently
bought a new Bertazonni range and love it.

My complaint about electric is that the broiler isn't hot enough to
broil a steak properly. To sizzle the fat and sear the surface of
the meat while leaving the inside pink or red.

Would propane be hotter? Hot enough?

Even with propane or natural gas, you really need an infrared broiler unit
with a high BTU output. Some ranges are so equipped.

Maybe a misdescribed it, but a gas stove that uses natural gas, city
gas that comes out of the pipe from the city, is hot enough to do what
I want.

Would a propane stove be as hot as that?