Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Can I add a second electric stove for the basement kitchen?

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 08:35:08 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

Assuming you don't have natural gas, install a propane setup for one or both
kitchens. I'd much rather cook on gas. I ditched the electric range in my
house 20+ years ago and switched to propane. Recently bought a new
Bertazonni range and love it.

My complaint about electric is that the broiler isn't hot enough to
broil a steak properly. To sizzle the fat and sear the surface of
the meat while leaving the inside pink or red.

Would propane be hotter? Hot enough?