Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Follow-up on motor brushes

On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 15:59:34 -0500, larry wrote:

mm wrote:
On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 08:35:17 -0400, Blattus Slafaly
wrote:

I have made my own brushes with brush stock.

Sounds good if I have to, but how could I attach the braided copper
wire that these brushes have?

Or otherwise connect the brushes to whatever they're connected to?

File a groove around the back end of the carbon, wrap end of
braid in the groove and "tin" the braid. It gets real
snug when it cools.

Wow. Sounds good.

Or drill a small hole and pin the braid in it.

Good idea number 2.

You can actually plate copper to the end stuck in copper
sulfate with a piece of copper and power supply, but that's
too much trouble...

Yeah.

Thanks a lot.

-- larry/dallas